Jacquard fabric has depicted rich description of subjects with various weaving patterns. We propose a method for automatically assigning the best-matched patterns for individual subjects by considering the textural characteristics. Moreover, our developed system enables a designer to intentionally assign accentual patterns for arbitrary regions on-the-fly. The generated patterns are guaranteed to be weavable as Jacquard fabric.
Unbrellas “Komorebi” with our shading technique are available in Makita Online Shop.
- Siqiang Chen, Masahiro Toyoura, Takamasa Terada, Xiaoyang Mao, Gang Xu, “Image-based Textile Decoding,” Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, pp.1-14, 2020-12. (IF:4.706, First Online 2020-12-04, PDF, Link, arXiv, BibTeX)
- Masahiro Toyoura, Tetsuya Igarashi, Xiaoyang Mao, “Generating Jacquard Fabric Pattern with Visual Impressions,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol.15, No.8, pp.4536-4544, 2019-8. (IF:7.377, First online 2018-12-14, IEEE CPS, PDF (Open Access), BibTeX)
- Tetsuya Igarashi, Masahiro Toyoura, Xiaoyang Mao, “Dithering method for reproducing smoothly changing tones and fine details of natural images on woven fabric,” Textile Research Journal, Vol.88, No.24, pp.2782-2799, Article. 0040517517732087, 2018-11. (IF:1.540, PDF, Link, BibTeX)
- Tetsuya Igarashi, Masahiro Toyoura, Xiaoyang Mao, “Optimizing Dither Mask for Rendering Smooth Tone on Fabric,” NICOGRAPH International, pp.75-82, 2016-7. (Link, BibTeX)
- Takamasa Terada, Masahiro Toyoura, Tetsuya Igarashi, Suguru Saito, Xiaoyang Mao, “Restricted Error Diffusion for Fabric Binalization,” NICOGRAPH International (Poster), pp.149, 2016-7. (Link, BibTeX)